Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Something To Consider

 

Dr. Taylor D. Rhodes: Flock cameras are quietly tracking Alabama gun owners: Opinion

                                                                                
                                                        

On any given Saturday in Alabama, a guy can leave his driveway, gas up, run by the ammo store, spend all morning at the range, and be home for lunch. He hasn't broken any laws or bothered a soul. And in more of our towns than you'd guess, a camera on a pole photographed his truck at every stop and filed the photos in a searchable database owned by a private company in Atlanta. Read more

If this kind of stuff is going on in Alabama, I would assume larger urban areas have higher concentrations of the OPCs (Outdoor Prison Cameras). I live in a remote area or as some say, "in the woods". I'd never dream there was a traffic/flock/opc camera anywhere near me, but even the nearest small town to me has one "redlight camera" on one of the two traffic lights in the entire town. Plan accordingly. There will be an exam at some point.

                                                                                                     




14 comments:

  1. TERM LIMITS FOR ALLCONGRES PEOPLE SHUT THIS NONSENSE DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut them down. Civil disobedience is not only your right, but your duty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly cannot understand the outrage over this. Do you really believe the Ring-like cameras are not available to certain people/entities? How many other security cameras are accessible to government? The location your phone transmits constantly? You know (or should) that your phone does, in fact, listen to you all the time (Siri, Alexa, can you hear me now?) Big brother has been here for some time now and there is no going back. It's sort of like nuclear weapons. It would be great if they did not exist, but they do, so deal with it. Did you ever think that this might be a psyop to let the population think they have won by local governments demanding the removal of them and having the taken down, all the while having the other devices still in place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cell phones you can leave at home. Certain apps you can turn off/block.
      Ring cameras are PRIVATE property, Teh Authoritahs can access the recordings only with a warrant, the citizen has the right to say no/delete at any time.

      Can you say the same for OPCs?

      Toxic Deplorable B Woodman

      Delete
    2. You are the proverbial frog in the boiling water, and you are exactly the kind of spineless jellyfish government loves.

      Delete
  4. Birmingham's city council approved a $9.7 million contract last July for more cameras citywide.

    Who the eff is still finding this shit. I thought Doge shut that down. I guess not

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, there are more than just Flock cameras. Other brands exist, Motorola among them. There are various online maps of camera locations, it is jawdropping to see how many there are by me. They have been quietly going up for a while. The cops love the things and fight removal efforts. They claim to use them only in specific circumstances, but cops have been convicted of also using the databases for stalking and illegal surveillance. (FWIW, I don't necessarily trust the cops to be telling me the truth, either)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My township meeting this month had a special flock information meeting. I live in rural NJ. Yes, NJ has rural areas, with forests and farms and everyone is a Republican.

    Anyway they had a State Police detective in to talk and answer questions.It was informative but nobody likes these things. The police can access the ones on public property and the state can access the ones on state property. NJ keeps the data for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from a village of around 4-5K in S. Ohio. We just found out they are HERE. Going to be raising hell in Council meetings over this until they are taken down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was against the law for government to hire companies to do the things they are themselves not allowed to do. This sure smells like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They can’t see the darkclad tootoo totin guy 40 yards right angle toit though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah contrair Jefferey in rural areas you will see shorter tapered poles on the sides of state highways with nothing but a “traffic camera” wink wink filming both directions in my neck of the woods. How they transmit data I do not know but I do know there are data centers being built. Look closer as you drive around

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rickvid in the Yakima ValleyAugust 26, 2026 at 8:30 PM

    In the days before all this tech, in the Soviet Union, people who could afford cars were few. Nonetheless, the Soviet police (militsiya) manned tall towers all along the roads noting license plates, direction of travel, and the time, among other data. If the authorities thought someone was doing something fishy, they could check those records to see if a car reached its destination in a reasonable time. If not, they'd investigate why the driver was lagging the appropriate timeline.
    Now we have militsiya cameras all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. On a trip to upstate NY with my Idaho registered truck & camp trailer, I breezed thru toll gates w/o worrying about optional payment for toll sections. They found me, and I got them paid days later and States away.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...