Thursday, August 13, 2026

On my road Tuesday (updated)

 

Sent in by reader "Whiteman" via "Bomber".



7 comments:

  1. Yep, mother nature is beautiful. Nothing better than seeing twins, signifying plenty of food and a healthy herd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a set of twins that graze the clover with their mother at the back of my property. I see them 2 or 3 times a week. They got into my peas, beans, and sweet potato's in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. doe having twins is pretty much the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They seem to run about 50/50 twins and singles hereabouts, but we had a set of triplets two or three years ago. They seemed a bit more independent than the twins and singles we're accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a doe with two fawns that I spied in the back yard this morning on the way to work this am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly, I saw exactly the same event in Northern Wisconsin last week. Never saw a fawn nursing before, and then I saw two nursing. I was a lot closer than this shot, and they did not run. No camera with me, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling a friend about this and sent me another video a friend who lives close to me took of another set. He also told me of seeing FOUR nursing one doe. I have seen three numerous times, and have heard many times of 4, but can't recall seeing that, though I know it is possible. As much time as I've spent in the woods, this was my first time to see "twins" nursing. I rate the experience right up there with watching a gobbler breed a hen, a rare sight.

      Delete

Leave us a comment if you like...