Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Shit I Do For Phil....

  

Phil found a damn good Death Metal song. The problem is the gutteral lyrics. Some of us are getting to old to enjoy that shit.  So, being in the Christmas spirit, not spirits (yet), I did some web work.

Search "How to remove vocals from songs"

Spend some time and then find this:  LINK<<

Ok, now after some trial and error I got the updated music. It's not perfect, I guess AI hasn't gotten to that point yet.

After that I spent an hour or so trying to embed the new mp3.. To no avail.

At this point you can only upload video with the litttle icon in the tool bar above.

So, back to more web work by searching "Convert MP3 to video"  and found THIS<<   which leads to this after about 2 hours:


Here ya go Phil,




6 comments:

  1. I'M NOT WORTHY!!!
    Damn Irish, you are the fuckin' MAN!
    Thanks for doing that, now I can go fix that whole album, there is some really good music on there but that guttural growling bullshit just ruins it.
    RIGHT ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit that's way better than the version with vocals, thanks Irish (still, thanks to you Phil for finding the good stuff and sharing, keep it up)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night I put on the headphones and cranked up all 2:56:58 of Opeth's video Live at the Royal Albert Hall in 2010. Again. The growl is there for one of several reasons. One reason is that it is supposed to suggest the pain and suffering of the singer. Another is that it is Death personified. Without the growl it is not Death Metal, not to be confused with black metal. Now, if I, at age 68, can do that, then certainly you guys can put your Big Boy pants on and listen to it how it is meant to be listened to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, maybe Sheik, except I would argue that Opeth is death metal even without the growl (and really really fucking good metal, I own several of their cd's that I listen to when I'm in my gym). The stuff above w/o the growl is good metal but I wouldn't call it "death" metal. Now, I freely admit that with the 47800 versions of metal out there it's easy to quibble (as opposed to the old days when there were about 3 or 4 kinds of metal). In other words the music matters too. But, to each his own, it's all good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotcha. There seems to be about a million labels for music these days. Folk Metal for one - another one of those Scandinavian labels. There are probably more metal bands in Norway, Sweden and Finland than the rest of the world combined. Post-Rock is another. God Is An Astronaut and Explosions In The Sky probably lead that pack. Both play instrumentals only. Can sound somewhat redundant after a while but a nice break from everyone else. But give me Airbag (Norway) and Riverside (Poland) any day of the week.

      Delete
  5. You are a good man Irish. I don't care what Phils says about you! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...