Thursday, May 11, 2023

Regarding the satellite fire map.. I see there were a few displeasures comments.

  

Here is the view when I went to it today.

IF you play around on the different setting pages there are a ton of different toggles that can be turned off and on and data that can be changed.  You can also open up the hamburger in the upper left hand corner and see more toggles for data.  I have no idea what data points were being shown on the "end of the world" fire map snap shots I posted yesterday.


 


Below this image is on with the aerosols map layer turned on. You can still see large residuals in Canada and less in New England.

To get there I turned on the "layers" tab and clicked on OMPS Aerosols  The little "i" toggle defined what that is in the snapshot below.


Poke around on the site if you like. See what you can find <<<


I may go back to my earlier post and see how it was configured to give all those data points.








7 comments:

  1. Don't sweat it. I am sure most of us did not catch NASA till we went back and looked. It was like those weather maps from news around the world. In 2019 the countries were green with higher temperatures where now the countries are shown in red with lower temperatures than the previous maps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, their attempt to rule the world with fear. But as for me, I trust in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irish - I went to the site and zoomed in and the red dots got remarkably distant from each other. We have had 30" of rainfall so far this year and I doubted whether there could be that much wildfire going on and sure enough when you zoom in, it was 3 small dots. Probably farmers burning off fields.

    Also the almost solid red in Central America turned into nothing more than some remote fires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I zoomed in on 2 signatures in my AO. one was a steel plant and I don't know what the other was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spotted one refinery fire near me, and Mexico is in the field-clearing part of the annual cycle. Tawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of the red spots were peoples hair on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could actually reflect politicians. Liar liar pants on fire kinda thing but then I’d say there are far too few especially in the northeast and California

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...