HEADER

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Am I The Only One....

 

Am I the only one here tonightShakin' my head and thinkin' somethin' ain't rightIs it just me? Am I losin' my mind?Am I standin' on the edge of the end of time?Am I the only one? Tell me I'm notWho thinks they're takin' all the good we gotAnd turnin' it bad, hell, I'll be damnedI think I'm turnin' into my old man
Am I the only one, willin' to bleedOr take a bullet for bein' freeScreamin', "What the fuck" at my TVFor tellin' me, yeah, are you tellin' me?That I'm the only one, willin' to fightFor my love of the red and whiteAnd the blue, burnin' on the groundAnother statue comin' down in a town near youWatchin' the threads of Old Glory come undone
Am I the only one not brainwashed?Makin' my way through the land of the lostWho still gives a shit and worries 'bout his kidsAs they try to undo all the things he did?
Am I the only one who can't take no moreScreamin', "If you don't like it, there's the fuckin' door"This ain't the freedom we've been fightin' forIt was somethin' more, yeah, it was somethin' moreAm I the only one, willin' to fightFor my love of the red and whiteAnd the blue, burnin' on the groundAnother statue comin' down in a town near youWatchin' the threads of Old Glory come undone
I'm not the only oneI can't be the only one
Am I the only one who quits singin' alongEvery time they play a Springsteen song?
Am I the only one sittin' hereStill holdin' on, holdin' back my tearsFor the ones who paid with the lives they gaveGod bless the U.S.AI'm not the only one, willin' to fightFor my love of the red and whiteAnd the blue, burnin' on the groundAnother statue comin' down in a town near youWatchin' the threads of Old Glory come undone
I'm not the only oneI can't be the only one

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. His song Country Boy is outstanding as well, check out his neck tattoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. His song "Granddaddy's gun" brings me to tears every time. I hung Grandpa's gun on the wall and look at it everytime the some plays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw him perform live a couple of years ago, and he closed with this. The whole show was outstanding
    -GrayRB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but that flag has too many stars. I can think of at least a dozen States that haven't been America in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jus doin muh JOB going home at the end of the day, collectin muh Pension too baad fur you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recognize the SARC/ without the tag, but in response, I think that "one shot Paddy" may start making house calls.
      One of the blogs I read mentioned an old IRA song called "My little Armalite". I hadn't heard that one before.
      John in Indy

      Delete
  6. "I hates the striped banner, still dripping with our blood
    I hates the 'glorious union' and fit it all I could."

    Piss on your stupid yankee ass-wipe banner, Aaron Lewis. Yeah, you might be the last one to get the fact that your gay-pride flag doesn't represent America or Americans any longer, nor has it since there were a mere 13 stars on it. In fact, there's another red/white/blue flag with 13 stars that's WAY more American.

    "I wish it was 3 million, instead of what we got."

    -OverMountainMan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be a different song?
      That's a great comment.
      I'm extremely appreciative that our host here allows such comments.
      I will try very hard not to abuse it.
      Anonymous but you have my IP I don't ever use a VPN rarely are my comments posted.

      Delete
  7. This cat is the real deal. I saw Staind a couple times back in the 00’s and this guy made what I would call a seamless transition to an entirely different genre.
    His career makes me think of the DAC song “The Ride”.
    VC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't matter which version of it plays...love'em all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...