Saturday, January 9, 2021

R.I.P Ed Bruce

Another great singer/songwriter from "my time" has passed. Ed Bruce died Friday of natural causes in Clarksville, Tennessee according to his publicist. Though Ed didn't relish in the limelight, he was a very accomplished artist. He was probably best know for writing  Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys. Other notable songs from Ed Bruce were My First Taste of Texas, You're the Best Break This Old Heart Ever Had, The Man That Turned My Mama On (recorded by Tanya Tucker), Girls, Women, and Ladies, and The Last Cowboy Song. Below is my favorite. 




5 comments:

  1. Dammit. Just another nail in the coffin of life these last 12 months. RIP Ed may you be jamming with all the greats we've lost this last year. Condolences to all his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - Thought I was the only one who noticed we lost Ed Bruce. I find great irony in the fact that I am writing this from a subdivision house that is literally sitting on the old Chisolm Trail from "The Last Cowboy Song".

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife used to go on an annual trail ride with Ed Bruce and his wife back in Tennessee nearly forty years ago. She really liked both of them. He had a TV show for a while where they were traveling around the country in an RV. Had a chance to go on the road with him playing bass guitar, but didn't want to subject her kids to life on the road since she was a single mother at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one gone. Wonderful voice and an extraordinary songwriter. RIP Ed, you are missed.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...