Worked with a guy who was pretty laid back. He had bounced around the company and his skill set for being in our group was kind of weak, but he was a congenial sort and did not make enemies. We were going into one of the final chapters of the company and layoffs began a year after we got him. Turns out, he did not care if he stayed or got laid off. His 2 kids were out of the nest and his wife did not work, so they were fairly unencumbered at that time of their lives. Turns out, the wife needed something to do, so she took up golf. Twice a week she met with her golf instructor, and he taught her how to play the game. The guy did not seem to be concerned about his wife having a great time with the golf pro. After the first round of layoffs he took the offer and moved out of town. Not sure if his wife went with him or stayed to perfect her golf game. Either way, he seemed not to care which choice she made.
Wait. "Both" meaning the couple, the interpreters, or the two women? Also, I hurt myself laughing. And now understand why I'm divorced. And wish I hadn't given up drinking.
Translater cannot be a girl. Your girl will get jealous. Doesn't matter if translator looks incredibly ugly, wears clothes worse than a torn greasy shop rag, has a voice like nails on a blackboard, be dumb as rocks.
Translator cannot be a guy. Your girl will accuse you of spending too much time with him.
The "...play this conversation over in my head about a hundred times..." part should have an addendum; "...and I'll hold you personally responsible for this horribly hurtful and insulting incident, it will be a giant check in the minus column for you and our relationship, no matter where it goes, forever. In fact, I will, from this moment forward take out whatever real or imagined emotional pain it has caused for me, on you, my father, my boss and every single male on planet earth until I die alone. Oh, and I hope you choke on ice cream playing mini-golf."
My ex-wife loved putt-putt golf. We even played it together as a family after one of my sons graduated from college, years after the divorce, at her suggestion.
Worked with a guy who was pretty laid back. He had bounced around the company and his skill set for being in our group was kind of weak, but he was a congenial sort and did not make enemies. We were going into one of the final chapters of the company and layoffs began a year after we got him. Turns out, he did not care if he stayed or got laid off. His 2 kids were out of the nest and his wife did not work, so they were fairly unencumbered at that time of their lives. Turns out, the wife needed something to do, so she took up golf. Twice a week she met with her golf instructor, and he taught her how to play the game. The guy did not seem to be concerned about his wife having a great time with the golf pro. After the first round of layoffs he took the offer and moved out of town. Not sure if his wife went with him or stayed to perfect her golf game. Either way, he seemed not to care which choice she made.
ReplyDeleteMore like the relationship killer assistant.
ReplyDeleteBut I would go to jail for shooting both of them
ReplyDeleteBCCL@430:
DeleteWait. "Both" meaning the couple, the interpreters, or the two women?
Also, I hurt myself laughing. And now understand why I'm divorced. And wish I hadn't given up drinking.
Nailed it...
ReplyDeleteRepeal the 19th
ReplyDeleteTranslater cannot be a girl. Your girl will get jealous. Doesn't matter if translator looks incredibly ugly, wears clothes worse than a torn greasy shop rag, has a voice like nails on a blackboard, be dumb as rocks.
ReplyDeleteTranslator cannot be a guy. Your girl will accuse you of spending too much time with him.
Translator cannot be a machine of any type. Ever
Watch that video and tell me why we have the 19th Amendment.
ReplyDeleteThe "...play this conversation over in my head about a hundred times..." part should have an addendum; "...and I'll hold you personally responsible for this horribly hurtful and insulting incident, it will be a giant check in the minus column for you and our relationship, no matter where it goes, forever. In fact, I will, from this moment forward take out whatever real or imagined emotional pain it has caused for me, on you, my father, my boss and every single male on planet earth until I die alone. Oh, and I hope you choke on ice cream playing mini-golf."
ReplyDeleteMy ex-wife loved putt-putt golf. We even played it together as a family after one of my sons graduated from college, years after the divorce, at her suggestion.
ReplyDeleteOverall, that's pretty funny. That service would make a billion $ over night, IMHO, at least for the guys that are on their first or second marriage.
ReplyDeleteI thought I was almost the only guy who sources most of our relationship and societal problems back to the 19thA. Nice to know I've got company.
Nemo