Thursday, September 3, 2026

The first person to ascend, then descend Mount Everest on skis, with no supplementary oxygen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Jon Krakauer's "Into Thin Air", the story of late 90's Everest expedition that ended trajectly. Good read, if you don't mind reading about people dying as part of an expedition into a place where death lurks at every step.

    Nemo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The overlying theme of every Krakauer book is obsessed people willing to die in their pursuit of religious, physical or political goals. Under the Banner of Heaven, Into the Wild, Where Men Seek Glory, Into Thin Air... if there's other Krakauer books I'm unaware of they probably feature OCD types where death is okay.

      Delete
  2. Good to see that things are approaching back to normalcy.
    When I tried to comment the other day, I could sense that something was wonky.
    I was right, my comment never posted. My comment;

    Is this AI? How does one get those long range high altitude videos at that high of an altitude?
    At that thin air, what drone or helicopter could operate up there?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...