Sunday, April 9, 2023

One Year To Go Until We Are Cast Into Darkness...

 

 ....at least for 3 1/2 minutes if we can make it through the next year.

 

2024

The eclipse on April 8, 2024, will be New Hampshire’s first total solar eclipse since 1959.

2024 total solar eclipse

The totality path will cross northern Vermont (including Burlington), southern Canada (including Montreal), northern New Hampshire and a large swath of northern Maine.

New Hampshire communities along the path include Lancaster, Stark, Northumberland, Milan, Dummer, Errol, Dixville Notch and Pittsburg.

Totality will last about 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

The peak in New Hampshire will be about 3:30 p.m. For the rest of the state, the sun will be obscured by 95% or more at the peak.

10 comments:

  1. I saw the total eclipse that occurred in 2016 and it was worth the 3-hr drive to get near the center line. Next year, the drive will only be half as long and I plan on making it if health and weather hold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be driving the 50 miles to visit totality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fun. Last one that passed I was working in a metal shop, with about 15 guys and 2 gals outside with welding helmets on.

    It will be different watching through a gas-mask, that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cast? You jokers live in it given your proximity to the Massholes

    ReplyDelete
  5. April 8th? Be snowing to beat the band. Nobody in NH will see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I guess living in north Utah, we'll be lucky to see any part of it at all.
    Ah, well.
    President Elect B Woodman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw that report this morning, Family land not in the center so I will be somewhere in SE Oklahoma maybe the Glover River that day so come get FED FUCKERS

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...a week and a day after Easter Sunday next year.

    I'm now thinking about a one day, quick turn road trip into the path. Lancaster is within range as are most of the rest of those towns mentioned.

    Here's a site for eclipse glasses in case anyone's interested. Disclaimer, I have no financial, marketing, manufacturing or any other interest in this company. This is a PSA for Irish's readers:

    https://www.americansolareclipse.com/store/c2/Solar_Glasses.html#/

    I don't recall where in my interweb travels I came across this site. I think it was attached to another article on the upcoming event I came across last year some time.

    Personally, I've used the pin hole projection method successfully in the past, although I may spring for a pair of these for this one, as IMHO there's nothing like SAFE direct observation.

    Nemo

    P.S. Search "solar glasses reviews" for many other sources of ISO certified eclipse spectacles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually went to an Ozzy Osborne concert smack dab in the middle of the last major total eclipse - called Moonstock. Pretty awesome, it was.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...