Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Irish vs. Chelydra Serpentina....Alternate Title.. Nice Snapper!

I sometimes walk through the conservation area behind my shop during lunch hour.

Today is sunny and in the 60's so off I went. About 3/4s of the way along the trail

I rounded the bend and heard a wet reptilian voice say "DOST THOU DARE TO PASS?"

Needless to say this fucker was BIG... My guess is front to back 18 inches and almost that in width.

I skirted around him and left him alone other than to take his mug shot in case he kills the next walker.






2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you have them where you live but here we have alligator snappers. I've seen them big enough to fill the bed of a Ford Ranger. Those bastards are huge and mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are lucky enough to NOT have something that BIG up here! hahhaha!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...