Monday, April 15, 2013

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins With One Step...

I have a pedometer on my cell phone that gives you a route to walk as incentive. The one that I am currently on is a cross country journey that starts in Sacrameto. I started over a year ago and when ever I walk or hike I use the pedometer function to keep track of the distance. As of today I have "walked" from Sacrameto Ca. to Cheyenne Wy. a journey of 1,117 miles 
according to the pedometer. I put the way points from the phone into a google map just to see my "progress" going across the country. Below is the map it generated. The total journey is
2894 miles and I am 38% of the way there. 

My cell is a G'zone Ravine with the G'zGear Software. 



View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea. Never knew that could be done with a phone. Happy trails to you (as RR would say)!

    Phyllis (N/W Jersey)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...