Sunday, July 26, 2026

This is the way

 

                         A Cullman County, Alabama Couple Celebrates 79 Years Of Matrimony

                                         

                                                                                       



17 comments:

  1. That's a nice couple and I hope that my marriage to the lovely Mrs. azlib will last as long.

    But you can't mention Cullman, Alabama without mentioning Robert Lee.
    https://youtu.be/q-RLqLx1iYI?is=BE6Upm2CbiI0AzIs

    azlibertarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking Robert, I've known him a long time. This spoof was made several years ago and was quite popular. I heard he made some money from it and that he and the others worked on a reality show, but I'm not sure if it ever was aired. Today he is pretty much retired after being involved in several other successful businesses during/after this video. Robert did good by himself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for that Jeffery. Great story. My In-laws made it into their 70’s as well, lived to their mid 90’s. They were fantastic people

    ReplyDelete
  3. And never had a fight. Not that he won...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was born back in the pre WW 2 era when divorce was rare and women were not out trying to "Find themselves" and getting consoled by female friends that somehow turned into alternative relationships. I'm exceedingly anti marriage now after the scorched earth battle that I fought. I tell everyone that it's not worth it anymore. Women get custody of the children but then you somehow get 5 minutes. The money stream never ends. Your house is gone and you live with questionable people in a neighborhood spiced with gunfire. Never marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working on it...56 years here but I'm 80. I don't know if I have another 26 years left. I'll give it a try though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Irish, now I feel young - Wifey Unit and I have only been married 52 ears...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each week in our church service, they announce anniversaries of 50+ years. I think 72 years is the longest I have heard mentioned and the couple got a standing ovation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TP my church had an annual luncheon for all the 50 pluses. I was invited to one of them. Pretty cool stuff. My in-laws were for years in second place for the longest. The husband of number 1 past so for one year mine were king and queen till my FIL past.. good onya.

      Delete
  9. Working on 58 (August 23) . No complaints yet, I'll keep you informed!,
    Bubbarust

    ReplyDelete
  10. 42 years here, but we didn't get started until we were 29. Incidentally, it does get better the longer you stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ghost Sniper! We "ran off to the preacher's house" to get married up 42 years ago this November.
      Jeffery in Alabama

      Delete
  11. 48 and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 37 years for me and Mrs. Brewvet. Of course, her mother is still with us at 93. Literally. We have a hospital bed set up in the family room for her with TBN blasting on my TV 24/7. I can only take so much basic preaching before it all starts sounding the same, so I don't spend much time around there. The woman has been the bane of my existence for the last 42 years. No one, not even a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, was good enough for her daughter...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...