Monday, June 11, 2012

9 Abandoned Islands Where Time Has Stopped


Some islands were used for military purposes, for the construction of individual buildings or for permanent settlements in which people lived for centuries. However, loss of strategic position, natural disasters, nuclear tests or simply wish to live in civilization, led to the abandonment of these islands. This is a list of abandoned islands, where time has stopped, where homes, buildings and streets standing untouched for decades.
 Check out the link >HERE< so see some info on these islands....














Thanks to reader  Bosko M. who sent this link.

7 comments:

  1. From what I hear, Detroit is going to look like those before too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL~ Hi Bob, How you doin?

      Delete
    2. Got to get a bunch of shots in my spine next week, but otherwise still kicking.
      Posted some pictures from our trip at my blog, if you like photography.

      Delete
  2. Back in September 1990 I spend a day wandering around The Great Blasket island which is about 3 miles off the West Irish coast. Lots of old ruins but no water or food. I walked miles through grass and sand. There aren't any trees there.

    Now I believe there is a small cafe, which sells sandwiches and soft drinks to tourists during the summer season.

    I'd like to go back but my health isn't the best and I fear I wouldn't be able to navagate around like I did 21 years ago so I'll live with memories and a few photos I took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I have sailed past Great Isaac Cay. It is often used as a landmark/way point when sailing in the vicinity of the Biminis. Had to sail back to North Bimini right after passing it, due to heavy seas which collapsed the dinghy davits on my catamaran, and almost dumped my dinghy and brand new outboard into the sea. Sorta made that cay stick in my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I recognised thenfirst photo. I sailed out to st kilda on a yacht back in the 80s. Pretty bleak - lots of seagulls.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...