Friday, November 30, 2012

The Dumbing Down of a Sleepy Irishman...


 Boy did I jam my mouse up my ass on this one.  I was awake in the middle of the night and read this article below. I knew the winner was in MO but I had my doubts as to a highway being straight up to the canadian border. Needless to say I didn't do my google fu and check.

I was thinking that the writer was thinking of Dearborn MI. I know that is near the Canadian border because I drove through Canada to get to Univ of Mich. Waaay back in the day.


SO, I will have to take my punishment for being dumb and have one less beer tonight!




Read this:


DEARBORN, Mo. – Missouri Lottery officials on Thursday verified one of two tickets that matched all six numbers to split a record $588 million Powerball jackpot, but that ticket holder -- and another in Arizona -- remained a mystery, even as neighbors and co-workers lamented their losses and gossiped about who may have won.

The tickets were sold at a convenience store in suburban Phoenix and a gas station in Dearborn, Mo., just off Interstate 29, the highway linking Kansas City to the Canadian border.

Missouri lottery officials said they verified a ticket that was presented to them Thursday and set a news conference for 11 a.m. CST Friday at North Platte High School, near where the ticket was bought.

Lottery Chief Operations Officer Gary Gonder couldn't provide any details, including whether the ticket was bought by someone from Missouri.

Did you catch it?

Here is a screen grab in case they change it. The powerball story is on FOXNEWS


14 comments:

  1. Call me a dumbass, but I am missing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok...I'm the dumbass.. hahhaha I just went back and looked closer at the map and 29 goes all the way to the border. I was up in the wee hours of the morning and didn't do my research. I was thinking Dearborn MI.

      I'm teh stoopid!

      I shouldnt blog on limited sleep!!

      Delete
    2. It's a reasonable mistake to make. It'd be like saying Miami Florida, near the road that goes to Bangor, Maine.

      It's sort of a "huh, wtf?" moment.

      (I admit, I went to google maps and checked to be sure)

      Delete
    3. I agree pd.. It was a weird way to describe a place in MO. :)

      Delete
  2. I may be missing something as well. Is the second winner a member of one of the following 3 demographics?

    1: Canadian citizen
    2: North Platte High School student
    3: owner of The Feral Irishman internet blog

    If so, what does that entail? The only thing I really know about lottery is that it's a stupidity tax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, had me stumped for a while. Read the thing 3 times and couldn't figure it out. I chalked it up to just waking up and not having coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be forgiven if you post a puppy video.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAMN!!! Cigarettes cost that much????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the awesome job of driving I-29 from KC to Omaha every few weeks. Scenic drive if you like corn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the awesome job of driving I-29 from KC to Omaha every few weeks. Scenic drive if you like corn.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...