Thursday, February 2, 2012

...of Alan Parsons do You Speak?

 my goodness... this brings back soooooo many memories............

Alan Parsons (born 20 December 1948[1]) is a British audio engineer, musician, and record producer. He was involved with the production of several significant albums, including The Beatles' Abbey Road and Let It Be, as well as Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon for which Pink Floyd credit him as an important contributor. Parsons' own group, The Alan Parsons Project, as well as his subsequent solo recordings, have also been successful commercially.


When I was out earlier  I heard Games People Play on the play list at the bar ( see previous post). I was instantly taken back to my first introduction to Alan Parsons in the sounds of the I Robot album:




Do you remember these???:


  1. "I Robot" (instrumental) – 6:02
  2. "I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You" (lead vocal: Lenny Zakatek) – 3:22
  3. "Some Other Time" (lead vocals: Peter Straker & Jaki Whitren) – 4:06
  4. "Breakdown" (lead vocal: Allan Clarke) – 3:50
  5. "Don't Let It Show" (lead vocal: Dave Townsend) – 4:24
  6. "The Voice" (lead vocal: Steve Harley) – 5:24
  7. "Nucleus" (instrumental) – 3:31
  8. "Day After Day (The Show Must Go On)" (lead vocal: Jack Harris) – 3:49
  9. "Total Eclipse" (instrumental) – 3:09
  10. "Genesis Ch.1. V.32" (instrumental) – 3:28






















4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't wanna be like you; one of the best brooding songs ever. Regards and thanks for the tits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard the Alan Parsons Project for ages, great to hear it again. It brings so many different things to mind - Mike Oldfield, Return To Forever, Vangelis (especially the Blade Runner stuff), Ray Lunch ... and that just scratches the surface. I'll be chasing tunes for days thinking about APP. Great pick, Pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These guys are awesome. These tunes bring back a lot of memories. Good Stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the memory jog. My first AP album was "Turn of a Friendly Card".

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...